On Veterans Day I decided to make the FULL Thanksgiving meal. Yes, I know it is crazy to make that big of a meal for just Eric and I, but I figured I would start practicing now before I have 3 kids running around and relatives visiting. This way I can work out all the kinks. For example: Last year when I tried this I accidentally grabbed just a turkey breast. This year I made sure I bought a real full turkey, but I put too much sage in the stuffing. Hopefully next year the stuffing will be much better. By the time dinner was ready I had made an 11 lb. turkey, homemade stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes, peas, cranberry sauce, homemade gravy, and even a homemade pumpkin pie and french silk pie with cool whip.
Here are some pictures of my success.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Making Thanksgiving Meal on My Own
Posted by The Fretts at 8:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
3 kids coming around soon? Are you hoping to have triplets?
mmmm... French Silk Pie My FAVORITE :) can't wait for thanksgiving See ya soon. <3 ya
Post a Comment