This past summer I found out that I would not be returning to Cutler Middle as a Special Ed tutor. Due to the economy they had to cut tutor positions. After spending three years at the school it was hard to think about doing something else. Summer was honestly rough as I wrestled with this time I had been given. I could substitute, but those of you who have subbed know how stressful and inconsistent subbing is. Those of you who know me understand how I hate going into things unprepared, which is what you do every day as a sub.
As the school year began it was a lot harder not being in the school then I expected. There were some days that I seriously considered subbing. After talking to Eric and a few friends and spending time praying through this situation I realized something. I realized I have been "Blessed" with time. I can use this time to strengthen my relationship with God and learn more about Him. I can also use this time to help other. I have a number of friends who have kids or are pregnant. I can be an extra pair of hands or wheels or ears or whatever they need. God has taught me a lot during this time. I have learned that I need somewhat of a routine, need to accomplish something each day (even if it is just laundry and I need to get out of the house once a day.
I am now a receptionist at Weight Watchers. Through Weight Watchers I can work a few at first and build hours as I desire. I get to work with people, help them through a difficult time and support, encourage them through this time in their lives. I am very excited. I still have time to study God's word, help others and work at Weight Watchers!
~ Thank you God for Blessing me!


0 comments:
Post a Comment