Sorry everyone. I know summer is supposed to be the relaxing time, but I have found that we are even busier, taking weekend trips here and there and family vacations. It is awesome, but not very conducive to blogging. So I am going to make one big catch-up post and hit the high lights.
School's Out for the summer!!!
I am so excited. I was soooooo ready for summer. Ok, I have to admit. It has been amazing working with this group of kids and watching them grow from nervous, insecure 6th graders to excited, insecure 8th graders. It has been very educational and eye opening. I never thought I would work with middle schoolers or special Ed. God has a great sense of humor. And here I am three years later saying that I did learn a LOT and I had some fun too.
It has been bitter sweet - the end of the school year for many reasons. Mainly, I am not sure if I will have a job next year. They have been cutting tutor positions and I am sure they are hoping/expecting me to move before the school year begins so they don't have to let me go. We will see what happens come this August, but that is too depressing to talk about. I am going to make the most of my summer! IT IS SUMMER TIME, BABY!
Kate (my cousin) Graduates High School!
I did even have one day of summer and Eric and I were traveling to NJ. Kate Connelly, my cousin, was graduation high school. We drove down to the Fretts for the weekend, but spent Friday evening with my family, celebrating with Kate. Here are a few pictures from graduation.





Eric's Dad is honored on Father's Day!
Sunday was Father's Day. Every Father's Day, Eric's home town church honors one man. This year they selected Ted Frett, Eric's dad. I captured the entire speech on video. Dad was embarrassed, but it was very sweet. I have a great video, but it is too large to post.
Kelli Send Off


0 comments:
Post a Comment