Monday, May 11, 2009

That's a Fact

The other day during silent sustained reading time I had to grab a book in the classroom.  The book I took was called, "That's a Fact, Jack"  During silent reading time I thumbed through the majority of the book a learned many different things.  Over the next month of school I will post different facts that I learned while reading this interesting book.  (I will share a few today to get you started)


Fact #1 (Some of you have heard)
The average lifespan of an NHL hockey puck is 7 minutes. The ones that don't fly into the stands are removed because they warm up from friction and bounce on the ice. Game pucks are chilled to -10 degrees F. for max performance and are kept in a freezer in the penalty box.


Fact #2 (Listen up guys!)
On average women say 7,000 words a day; men just over 2,000. 


Fact #3 (Especially for you Val)
Ulcers are not caused by spicy foods or stress.  A spiral-shaped bacterium called Helicobacter pylori, thrives in the stomach's acid environment and causes nearly all peptic ulcers.  


Have fun reading - post more soon.

1 comments:

valerie said...

ok about # 3. i beg to differ :) i was tested for h-pylori and it came back negative! so there, jack!!!

(i'm honored to be mentioned in your blog!!!! :) :) :) it's the little things in life!)