Thursday, October 30, 2008

World Series Champs - PHILLIES!

GO PHILLIES!

Philadelphia Phillies Won Game 5 of the World Series last night (10/29/08), clenching the title of the World Series Champions. They won the series 4-1. 





I could not be more proud of MY Phillies. I have loved the Phillies since... I can remember! Always sporting Phillies shirts and hats. I will admit that I have not watched every game faithfully, but cut me some slack - baseball games are long! This season I knew the Phillies were doing well, but I have seen that before, so I didn't get too excited. By the time the playoffs started I was completely obsessed with watching the games and cheering on my Phillies! 
This season  has been amazing! 



The last time the Phillies won the World Series was in 1980. 

Do you want to know something cool and see how I knew the Phillies were going to win this year? 
Last time the won compared to this time they won
'80 and '08

The number of the pitcher for the last inning for each game: 
'80 it was #45 and '08 it was #54. 

All the same numbers just reversed - How cool is that?
(Thanks Bridget for pointing that out!)



My favorite player this year became Victorino, aka - the flyin Hawaiian. #8. He was amazing! Two other player that I also love are Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard.

WAY TO GO PHILLIES! 

I AM SO PROUD TO BE A PHILLY GIRL!!!!