Friday, October 10, 2008

Wildlife is going crazy

Yesterday, Oct. 8th, the wildlife in my neighborhood went a crazy. There were two encounters that I would like to share with you.

First encounter:
I was sitting in my apt, on the phone, with my wonderful friend Bridget, when a hawk flew in and landed on a branch about 10 feet from my back porch. The hawk sat there for about 30 mins just watching the animals on the forest ground below. I was able to get a few pictures. Some will be like a "where's Waldo"picture. After 30 mins the hawk just flew. It was beautiful!

Find the Hawk:




Second encounter:
I was on my way back home later that evening when "all of a sudden" two deer shot out across the road. They were beautiful, but it scared me. They were so aggressive and brave. They just shot out of the woods and leap across the street.

What is going on? Is there a full or new moon coming? The animals are getting very brave.

I share all these things with you at the suggestion of my amazing friend, Bridget!

So supposedly there was a full moon about 3-5 days later. That explains a lot.

2 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

about a year ago we saw a coyote go through the backyard of our townhouse a couple times! Crazy what's hiding in the trees right in front of us sometimes!

The Fretts said...

Just a few days after I posted this blog a coyote crossed the street right in front of me! You are right it is crazy!