Monday, June 23, 2008

Saying Goodbye "See ya Later" to Great Friends!

June 2nd has been a sad day! Amanda and Josh Dishmon, our next door neighbors and CT best friends, have moved. Not just a few hours away, but clear across the country to Monterey, CA. I am so excited for them. They are moving to a beautiful area in a fun state. They are going to have amazing stories while living in CA. They moved so that Josh can go to Navy Post Grad School in Monterey. They will live there for about 18 months before returning in Groton, CT for a few months.

Clearly, this has been a tough time for Eric and I. It has taken me next to two months to be able to blog about it. I told Amanda that I probably will not really be able to discuss her and Josh moving without crying, for a long time. When you live far from home your friends become your family. Amanda and Josh have become like family to Eric and I. Since they lived next door it was almost like being back at collage. I could stop by and chit chat with Amanda at any time. Eric and Josh could play Mario Cart or Guitar Hero when every they felt like it. If we needed girl or guy time we could go to each other's apt. It was great for large gatherings, because we had twice the space.

It was a comfort for Eric knowing Josh and Amanda were next door if I ever needed anything: like opening a can or killing the largest bug ever! It was a comfort for Josh knowing Eric and I were next door especially when Josh went underway. We were just there for each other and we understood each other.

The day Josh and Amanda left was very hard. They had stayed with us for a few days before leaving and we helped them pack and clean. But it didn't hit any of us until they packed the car and we carried their cats out and said goodbye or see ya later. (Side Note - I don't say goodbye. It is too final. I may say bye or see ya later, but never goodbye.) I cried for a while, but had to pull myself together. I had to go to school. I was able to make it through the day, but for weeks I would break down at random moments. Eric, on the other hand, didn't make it through the day. After dropping me off at school he returned home and slept until he had to pick me up. He was too sad to do anything. As she said, "It was one of the hardest goodbyes he has ever had to say!"  



Josh and Amanda,

You have both truly touched our hearts! We will forever remain close friends! No need to worry about that. We wish you the best of luck at school Josh. Amanda, enjoy every moment in CA. Always know that Eric and I are praying for you both. Have a safe trip. Know that we love you both! See you soon! :-D
Love, 
Christie and Eric

Here are some pictures from our first "excursion" to out last almost all-nighter.


Block Island:









____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Almost All-Nighter:


Amanda, Rachel, and I

Josh, Kyle and Eric

At Devil's Hopyard



Our last picture as neighbors!




Even two month later this was still very hard to write!
We miss you guys! ~Love ya~

0 comments: